Dr. Keye Wong of Sarasota Retina Associates has been at the cutting edge of research for age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy for more than a decade.
Below is a partial list of research efforts in which he has been involved.
- ECLIPSE Trial, Principal Investigator (2013-Present)
- DRCR.net Protocol N, Principal Investigator (2010–Present)
- Prophylactic Diode Laser Photocoagulation for the Prevention of Choroidal Neovascularization in Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Phase III Safety & Efficacy Study of Vitrase (Hyaluronidase) for Ophthalmic Intravitreal Injection for Clearance of Severe Vitreous Hemorrhage
- Vitrectomy for Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion Pilot Study: A Prospective Multicenter Clinical Trial
- Transpupillary Thermotherapy of Occult Subfoveal CNV in Patients with AMD (The TTT4CNV Clinical Trial)
- Protein kinase cß inhibitor – diabetic retinopathy study 2 (PKC-DRS2). A phase III clinical trial. Protocol #B7A-MC-MBCM
- A Phase 2 Randomized, Muticenter, Dose-Ranging, Controlled, Parallel-Group Trial to Assess the Safety & Efficacy of Dexamethasone Posterior Segment Drug Delivery System (DEX PS DDS) in the Treatment of Persistent Macular Edema. Protocol #OC103-06-03
- A 3-month Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Double Masked, Multicenter, Phase II Study of the Effects of Adjunctive Diclofenac Therapy after Visudyne PDT in Patients with Predominantly Classic Subfoveal CNV Secondary to AMD. Protocol #CBPD952A2201
- A Phase II/III Randomized, Double-masked, Controlled, Dose Ranging, Multicenter Comparative Trial, in Parallel Groups, to Establish the Safety & Efficacy of Intravitreal Injections of EYE001 (anti-VEGF pegulated aptamer) Given Every 7 Weeks for 54 Weeks in Patients with Exudative AMD.
- A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Masked, Multicenter Phase III Study of the Effect of Visudyne in Occult with No Classic Subfoveal Choroidal Neovascularization (CNV) secondary to AMD. (AMD:Visudyne in Occult – VIO). Protocol # BPD OCR 013
- A Pilot Study of Laser Photocoagulation for Diabetic Macular Edema. Protocol DRCR – A
- A Prospective Multicenter Clinical Trial of the VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies Implantable Miniature Telescope (IMT) in Patients with Central Vision Impairment Associated with Age-Related Macular Degeneration, Stargardt’s Macular Dystrophy, and no other Maculopathies. Protocol #: IMT-002
- A Randomized trial comparing Intravitreal Triamcinolone Acetate and Laser Photocoagulation for Diabetic Macular Edema (DRCR – B)
- Reduction in the Occurrence of Center-Threatening Diabetic Macular Edema (B7A-MC-MBDL).
- Temporal Variation in Optical Coherence Tomography Measurements of Retinal Thickening in Diabetic Macular Edema (DRCR – C)
- A Phase II Prospective, Randomized, Double-Masked, Sham Controlled, Dose-Ranging, Multi-Center Trial to Assess The Effect of Pegaptanib Sodium on Foveal Thickening in Patients with Exudative Subfoveal Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD). (EOP 1009)
- A Phase 3B, Randomized, Active Controlled, Double-Masked, Single Dummy, Multi-Center Comparative Trial, in Parallel Groups to Compare the Safety and Efficacy of Intravitreous Injections of Macugen given every 6 weeks Plus Sham PDT verses PDT with Visudyne. (EOP1012)
- A Phase 2, Multi-center, Randomized, Controlled, Masked Study of the Effects of Squalamine Lactate in Combination with Visudyne in Patients with Subfoveal Choroidal Neovascularization Associated with Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- The Standard of Care vs. Corticosteroid for REtinal Vein Occlusion (SCORE) Study
- A Phase II, Randomized, Double-Masked, Controlled, Dose Comparison Study of Cand5 for Intravitreal Injection for the Treatment of Subfoveal Choroidal Neovascularization Associated with Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- A Pilot Study of Peribulbar Triamcinolone Acetonide for Diabetic Macular Edema (DRCR – E)
- Visudyne in Age-Related Macular Degeneration (VAM) Trial
- Neuroprotection in Optic Neuropathy. Protocol #190342-010-00